Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lazy Girl's Guide to Fitness

WTF?
 
 
It's the screen of my favorite stationary bicycle.
Yes, it's true. I joined a gym.
Why?
Because my exercise of choice is walking, and the weather report tells me to hunker down and watch TV under a blanket. Besides, all the cool kids are doing it. And my doctor (who might be a quack) told me to walk farther and faster (yeah, that stung). Most of all I've made this public declaration to work on my Mind, Body & Spirit.
So I joined the YMCA. I was a member about 20+ years ago. I think I was lazy back then too, because I always thought I should be thinner than I was.
My routine - although I'm no fan of routines - is walking, riding a staionary bike, more walking, stationary rowing, walk some more, and a few nights a week I swim. All in all I exercise for an hour to an hour and a half about 5 days a week. I'm slowly increasing my speed, resistence, and distance (I've been known to overdo and get injured or sick, and then quit).
How long has this been going on?
About a month.
Have I lost any weight?
Not really.
Am I healthier for it?
Jeez, I hope so.
 
 
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment