Friday, October 16, 2015

Granola!

 
In my attempt to eat healthier, avoid preservatives and chemicals, I've been making my own granola.
I loosely follow a recipe I found on the internet, but I seem to have an aversion to measuring. Or following simple instructions.
 
In a bowl I mix rolled oats, raw almond slivers, chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans or similar), raisins, cranberries, dates, dried apricots, honey, coconut, and coconut oil.
I toast it all in the oven on a cookie sheet at a low temperature (stirring occasionally) until golden brown.
 
 
I mix the granola into my Greek yogurt and eat it for breakfast.
I store it in the refrigerator.
But basically you can add, omit or substitute other ingrediants (golden raisins, banana chips, various dried fruits).

No comments:

Post a Comment