Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I loved this sequel to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!

I wish wish wish I could have watched the original and the sequel back to back. I love Sonny (Dev Patel). He reminds me of my son. And even if he didn't, he is fun and funny and adorable (like my son). And handsome (also like my son). His dialogue was charming. Maggie Smith's character (Muriel) remained brutally honest to the end. Not a bad thing.

Yes, I pretty much knew what was going to happen, because they dropped hints like bombs, but I enjoyed the journey. I smiled a lot and chuckled a few times. Watching warm weather movies depicting exotic locations when it's cold outside is always a treat. The movie had romance and lovely visuals and music and dancing and an upbeat message.

What would I have changed? I would have swapped Richard Gere (Guy)  and David Strathhairn's (Ty) roles, although David was great in his role. Actually, I thought Richard Gere was wrong for the movie. Sorry. But that might just be me.

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment